Responsible for installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting and repair of various communications equipment with an emphasis on VSAT equipment.
1. Primary responsibility is installation and support of installed communications systems requiring travel to customer sites onshore and offshore.
2. Record service call information, log and report on problems to management and communicate recommendations on customer’s equipment.
3. Provide and outstanding level of professionalism and customer service when interaction with customers and co-workers.
1. Customer Satisfaction
Promptly respond to customer / management requests and feedback;
Follow through on customer issues that require additional support or are above the scope of own abilities or job scope;
Provide necessary information and updates on an ongoing basis to management regarding the resolution of software and hardware problems.
Generate ideas to maximize customer satisfaction;
Provide input regarding company practices, procedures, products and services to improve effectiveness and overall customer satisfaction;
Increase skills and knowledge through training.
Communicate professionally and respectfully with all levels of customers and co-workers;
Communicate in a straightforward, accurate and professional manner;
Communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Technical Competencies
Through understanding of fixed and stabilized antenna systems and the VSAT station electronics, experience with Seatel and / or Spacetrack very desirable;
Experience with fiber optic splicing and testing equipment very desirable, but not a requirement;
Experience with microwave radio systems is desirable, but not a requirement;
Desire and ability to learn new technologies;
Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
5. Problem Solving
Identify problems / questions and resolve in a respectful manner for the customer;
Identify and utilize available resources to resolve problems;
Work to insure a positive perception by the customer.
Coordination with Field Service, Customer Service, Dispatch and the NOC in the repair and servicing of the customer installation;
Always demonstrate a team approach and attitude within Operations;
Set high standards for personal performance.
7. Administrative Skills
Enhance the work accomplished through well-organized procedures and practices;
Submit accurate and complete reports;
Take personal ownership in ensuring that the customer is proved excellent service;
Ability to manage during high stress situations with the customer.
1. Three years of experience providing excellent customer service in telecommunications with focus on VSAT;
2. Very good oral and written communication skills, fluent in English with Portuguese or Spanish desirable;
3. Experience with Microsoft Office applications;
4. A two-year technical degree or higher or equivalent experience;
5. Ability to lift up to 30 kilos;
6. Ability to travel to customer locations onshore and offshore.
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY EMPLOYER
1. Monthly Flights from and to hire location;
2. Monthly stipend for meals;
3. Assistance to obtain work visa;
6. Training assistance.
High Performance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity with respect to recruitment, selection and all terms and conditions of employment.
Submit your resume or questions to Human Resources at hr hps-angola.com