Who is Expro?
Working for our clients across the entire well life cycle, Expro is a visionary full-cycle energy services expert offering novel, insightful solutions, dependable competency and award-winning safety.
Combining innovative, future-facing technology with high-quality data across well construction, well flow management and production, subsea well access, and well integrity and intervention, we have a reputation for extraordinary performance that keeps our clients operations running smoothly.
Expro Group are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst to join the Fluids team based in Luanda.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Carry out laboratory analysis of fluids in a safe and efficient manner complying with procedures and work instructions. Record resulting data and prepare reports up to client specifications.
Key Activities and Accountabilities
1. Conduct PVT experiments in a safe and efficient manner according to specified methods laid down in the Work instructions and procedures.
Carry out measurements under instruction from Supervisor / Manager
2. Interpret the measured data by the use of laboratory software packages and calculation methods : record all such calculation and methods of working in laboratory work files and prepare the results in a format suitable for presentation to the client
3. Submit all processed data together with methods of working to the Supervisor / Manager for approval before release of data to external parties or clients
4. Conduct small scale laboratory maintenance and calibrations under direction to ensure efficient laboratory operations
5. May be instructed to arrange for sub-contracted services which will involve obtaining competitive quotes then when approval given arrange for the safe despatch of the samples to the chosen supplier
6. Follow all other administrative procedures and work instructions specified by laboratory management systems so as to comply with the requirements of accreditation
7. Liaise with Supervisor / Manager, team members, internal and external parties as and when required to ensure all aspects of the schedule of work are discussed with the relevant parties to ensure effective communication to achieve safe completion of the task
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
1. 2-3 years practical work experience within a laboratory environment
2. Holds a formal science based qualification Breadth of operations, technical, marketing, BD and strategic development experience.